As an astrological counselor, with astrology as a central part of my therapeutic work with clients, I have more than a few perspectives to share on how to approach natal astrology, and perspectives on the practice of astrology. In this astrology tutorial of sorts, I share my thoughts on:
– Understanding a natal chart. What is a natal chart? The natal chart is central to any astrologer’s practice, but what is it really?
– How astrology works: soul centered astrology/evolutionary astrology. What astrology has to do with the evolutionary development of the soul, and how transits and progressions in astrology show us our developmental tasks.
– How to read an astrology chart. Why, in my view, there is no such thing as a complete birth chart reading.
– How to be a good astrologer. Why this involves dialogue with a client, and how dialogue distinguishes therapeutic astrology and counseling astrology from other kinds of astrology.
– How to interpret transits in astrology, and not fall into the trap of making certain assumptions. Why it is crucial to proceed from someone’s inner, not outer, experience when interpreting a birth chart.
– A sensible and empowering approach to astrology predictions.