A huge part of astrological counseling or delivering astrological readings is understanding appropriate conduct and ethics.
In this video, I share a personal story highlighting the need for a sensitive, intelligent and appropriate understanding of ethics in astrology when conducting astrological counseling. Being a professional astrologer, especially in the therapeutic setting, involves not directly or indirectly telling a client what to do, nor encouraging the client to abdicate his or her sense of personal responsibility.
Professional astrology is a delicate therapeutic and counseling exercise – not because someone knows astrology means that they necessarily have the sensitivity to treat with someone in need of therapeutic counsel.
When navigating relationship astrology or relationship readings, it is especially important for the astrologer to remain neutral, but sensitive and helpful, supporting the client to make choices that are in his or her best interest, but still not inserting himself or herself in the client’s decision-making process.
Being a good astrologer involves providing a client with sound astrological information, while at the same time, not encouraging the client to use astrological information to bypass growth lessons and important relationship interactions.
You can watch the video here:
BEFORE YOU LEAVE…
1) Share this with your network or with a friend if you know of anyone who could benefit from reading this. Use the share buttons below.
2) Get the healing bird’s eye view of your situation from your Higher Mind. We’ll shed light on what your inner guidance has to say on the matter. Book a private reading consultation with me. Returning client? Head here to book a Tools & Support Session.
3) If you’re in Jamaica, click here to book a private consultation with me in my beloved work cottage, The Tea House. Leave feeling more clear, grounded and purposeful.
4) Check out my spiritual awakening mentorship sessions to see if this is the kind of support you need.
5) Connect with me on instagram. (I like hanging out here).
6) Like my blog content? Sign up to my mailing list for exclusive content and updates straight to your inbox. You’ll also get exclusive discounts and goodies.