Here is a summary of the essential differences between more traditional [Tarot] readings, and therapeutic intuitive counseling – the latter being the type of counseling I practice (and advocate!). These guidelines are not limited to intuitive work with Tarot, but are generally applicable to all sorts of intuitive work, such as astrology.
|Traditional "Readings"||Intuitive Counseling Therapy|
|Tend to be more focused on predicting outer events||More focused on client's inner emotional, mental and spiritual processes|
|Prediction focused on what "will" happen||Anticipates strongest potentials and timelines based on client's current energetic state|
|Client asks what "will" happen||Client wants to more deeply understand his situation|
|One-directional flow of information from reader to client||Intuitive counselor actively engages client in dialogue
Method is to RELATE all intuitive information to client's present life, aspirations, goals and challenges through dialogue
|More focused on accuracy of events described||More focused on insight, perspective and guidance|
|Reader knows things the client does not||Using her intuitive skills, the intuitive counselor helps client to uncover his or her own wisdom|
|Informational||Insightful and therapeutic|
|Not usually focused on furnishing clients with tools to move forward||Empowers clients with tools and approaches to help them move forward|
|Less focused on meaning||Helps client to understand WHY; helps provide client with context for challenges experienced|
|Reader does all the work in a session||Client is invited to take responsibility for his or her responses and attitudes
Client invited to add his or her own intuitive impressions
|More reader-focused||More client-centered|
|Reader less likely to be qualified or experienced in therapeutic methods||Intuitive counselor tends to be qualified or experienced in the application of various therapeutic and counseling methods|
|Readings tend to take less time||Sessions are in-depth, involve dialogue and therefore take more time, sometimes hours|
|Little or no post-reading support||Intuitive counselor often provides additional resources to clients after a session
Intuitive counselor may recommend other therapeutic interventions to help client
|May be for entertainment purposes only||Client's concerns and challenges are taken seriously|
|Tend to be more focused on the power of forces external to the client||Inspires clients to have confidence in their own nature and capabiliites|
BEFORE YOU LEAVE…
1) Share this with your network or with a friend if you know of anyone who could benefit from reading this. Use the share buttons below.
2) Get the healing bird’s eye view of your situation from your Higher Mind. We’ll shed light on what your inner guidance has to say on the matter. Book a private reading consultation with me. Returning client? Head here to book a Tools & Support Session.
3) If you’re in Jamaica, click here to book a private consultation with me in my beloved Tarot cottage, The Tea House. Leave feeling more clear, grounded and purposeful.
4) Check out my spiritual awakening mentorship sessions to see if this is the kind of support you need.
5) Connect with me on instagram. (I like hanging out here).
6) Like my blog content? Sign up to my mailing list for exclusive content and updates straight to your inbox. You’ll also get exclusive discounts and goodies.
7) Go to my free resources page to pick something up for yourself.